RNC chairwoman: Republicans should realize distancing themselves from Trump 'is hurting themselves in the long run'

Source: The Hill | October 18, 2020 | Justine Coleman

Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel said Sunday that GOP senators should realize that distancing themselves from President Trump in their campaigns “is hurting themselves in the long run.”

ABC’s George Stephanopoulos asked McDaniel whether she is starting to see GOP senators “running on a separate track from President Trump.”

“I’m not,” McDaniel responded. “I think all of them have been running those similar races all along.”

The RNC chairwoman noted the levels of enthusiasm for Trump’s campaign, saying it’s more than he received in 2016.

“We are seeing this huge energy, and we are seeing really great numbers coming out for the president, and this is a race,” she said. “And any Republican that doesn’t recognize that running with the president is going to help them is hurting themselves in the long run.”

Stephanopoulos also asked if McDaniel was “at all concerned that the president’s in kind of open warfare with his own senators?”

“I think this president is fighting for the American people every day. I’m not worried about Washington beltway politics,” she answered.

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #43812

Consistent #43813

EVERYDAY #43814

Those senators hurt themselves long ago when they decided to stick with Trump. They had opportunities, including the impeachment and beyond, to rid us of Trump, but they chose to follow him around like puppies. Now that it looks like the party might lose the majority in the senate and some of them might be out of a job, they are coming forward now.

Well, it’s too late. Regardless of what they say or do now, their chances for re-election have gone up in smoke. They are going down right along with their hero.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.