Roger Stone calls Barbara Bush a ‘nasty drunk’ and whips up controversy in Northwest Florida

Source: Tampa Bay Times | April 20, 2018 | Alex Leary

Stone no longer speaking at Okaloosa County GOP dinner.

The Okaloosa County GOP says it’s uninvited Roger Stone from its annual dinner next month after he made disparaging remarks about former first lady Barbara Bush, calling her a “nasty drunk” and other things.

“It’s tough to lose a speaker when you’re three weeks out, but this is what I felt needed to be done out of respect for Barbara Bush,” county REC Chairman Mark Franks said in a statement. “I thought he’d be entertaining but for me this went over the line.”

Stone disputed the events and said he backed out. “I cancelled my appearance as the sponsors wanted to censor my public comments, which is unacceptable,” he told the Northwest Florida Daily News.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #23196

EVERYDAY #23199

Why is it that Trump, his supporters and allies all have a nasty chip on their shoulders? These are some of the meanest, most unpleasant people I’ve ever seen.

If Stone couldn’t say anything nice about Mrs. Bush, he should have kept his mouth shut. Even Trump had enough sense to at least issue a statement of condolence (probably written for him, but still…).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.