Roger Stone, friend discussed WikiLeaks plans ahead of election: report

Source: The Hill | November 14, 2018 | Jacqueline Thomsen

Former informal Trump campaign adviser Roger Stone and a man who Stone alleges was his back channel to WikiLeaks discussed the group’s plans in the days leading up to the release of hacked emails, NBC News reported Wednesday.

Former New York radio host Randy Credico texted Stone on Oct. 1, 2016, “Big news Wednesday. Now pretend u don’t know me,” according to messages given to NBC by Stone.

“U died 5 years ago,” Stone reportedly responded.

“Great. Hillary’s campaign will die this week,” Credico texted back, according to NBC.

No information was sent out by WikiLeaks that Wednesday, but the group did release emails hacked from the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s campaign chair John Podesta two days later, on Friday, Oct. 7, 2016.

Reached for comment by The Hill, Credico replied, “Much Ado About Nothing.”

“There’s absolutely nothing there that I had any knowledge of anything that Assange was going to do because I didn’t,” he also told NBC News. “Where’s the smoking gun?”

Stone told the outlet that the texts prove his story, that Credico was his back channel for information on WikiLeaks. Credico has repeatedly denied the allegation.

“These text messages prove beyond dispute that Randy Credico was the source who told me of the significance of the material that Julian Assange told CNN he had and would publish in June 2016 and that Credico’s source was indeed a woman attorney who worked for WikiLeaks,” Stone told NBC News. “If Randy said anything different to the grand jury, he perjured himself under oath.”

The Hill has reached out to Stone for comment.

The outlet reported that Credico told Stone in the texts that his source inside WikiLeaks wasn’t group founder Julian Assange, but rather a longtime friend who was working as Assange’s lawyer.

…….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.