Roger Stone served with Capitol riot lawsuit during radio interview

Source: The Hill | September 16, 2021 | Joseph Choi

Conservative lobbyist and prominent Trump ally Roger Stone was apparently served with a lawsuit live on air during a radio interview Wednesday.

Stone appeared to have been served with the lawsuit while speaking on “Tomorrow’s News Today with Joe Hoft & Kell Brazil.”

Stone was in the middle of weighing in on whether former President Trump should run for office again in 2024 when he interrupted himself saying, “Hold on a second, I have a process server at my front door about to serve me in the latest lawsuit.”

He could be heard telling the process server, “It’s still a fraud, doesn’t matter.”

Once he had received the suit, Stone said to Hoft and Brazil, “This is a big, big stack of papers, which is good because we’re out of toilet paper today.”

The latest lawsuit filed against Stone was by seven Capitol Police officers, who allege he was among those responsible for the deadly Jan. 6 Capitol riot. Other defendants include, Trump’s former personal attorney Rudy Giuliani and InfoWars’ Alex Jones. 

The suit, filed in August, accuses Stone of disseminating false claims of election fraud that ultimately led to the attack on the Capitol, as well as promoting and helping to fundraise for the “Stop the Steal” rally that preceded the attack.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.