Romney SHREDS Flip-Flop Trump: Refusal to Release Tax Info “DISQUALIFIES” Him…

Source: RedState | May 11, 2016 | Caleb Howe

Romney SHREDS Flip-Flop Trump: Refusal to Release Tax Info “DISQUALIFIES” Him for President

And predicts a ‘bombshell’ in them.

Mitt Romney has found a fighting spirit many of wish he’d had a few years ago. But better late than never, I say. Today, he set fire to Donald Trump over his recent total reversal of previous promises in stating that people who want to see his tax records can suck it. (Paraphrase.) Here’s Romney’s full post.

It is disqualifying for a modern-day presidential nominee to refuse to release tax returns to the voters, especially one who has not been subject to public scrutiny in either military or public service. Tax returns provide the public with its sole confirmation of the veracity of a candidate’s representations regarding charities, priorities, wealth, tax conformance, and conflicts of interest. Further, while not a likely circumstance, the potential for hidden inappropriate associations with foreign entities, criminal organizations, or other unsavory groups is simply too great a risk to ignore for someone who is seeking to become commander-in-chief.

Mr. Trump says he is being audited. So? There is nothing that prevents releasing tax returns that are being audited. Further, he could release returns for the years immediately prior to the years under audit. There is only one logical explanation for Mr. Trump’s refusal to release his returns: there is a bombshell in them. Given Mr. Trump’s equanimity with other flaws in his history, we can only assume it’s a bombshell of unusual size.

(Anticipating inquiries regarding my own tax release history, I released my 2010 tax returns in January of 2012 and I released my 2011 tax returns as soon as they were completed, in September of 2012.)

There really isn’t much to add to that, except to say it’s utterly correct in every regard. Trump is trying to pull a fast one, again. Anyone who calls him out on it is fine by me.

……

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.