Ronald Reagan was Endorsed by the KKK, too. His Response was Very Different.

Source: Soshable | 29 Feb. 2016 | J Rucker

For the last several months, I’ve attempted to make intelligent, evidence-driven arguments for Republicans voters to stop supporting Donald Trump and to start supporting Ted Cruz. I’ve accepted the low-information mentality that drives Trump’s support, but I am now starting to realize that in many cases it’s based upon willful ignorance rather than actual naivety.

If you believe that his response to Jake Tapper’s questions on Sunday were anything other than an unwillingness to denounce his base of white supremacists on one of the most watched news shows on television, you’ve been too engulfed by his liberal Pied Piper spell to hear reason.

A real conservative was once given the same type of endorsement. He didn’t embrace them. In fact, Ronald Reagan flat out insulted to Ku Klux Klan in 1984.

How Ronald Reagan Responded to KKK Endorsement

”Those of us in public life can only resent the use of our names by those who seek political recognition for the repugnant doctrines of hate they espouse.

”The politics of racial hatred and religious bigotry practiced by the Klan and others have no place in this country, and are destructive of the values for which America has always stood.”

The saddest part is that Trump’s supporters are either buying into the untenable claim that his earpiece wasn’t working or they’re okay with his reluctant, belated disavowing. The excuses on social media are idiotic and repugnant. Please do not call yourself a conservative if you support this man. Ronald Reagan was a conservative. Donald Trump is a fraud.

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Discussion
  • slhancock1948 #1927

Nice piece!

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.