Ross Perot dies at 89

Source: The Hill | July 9, 2019 | Chris Mills Rodrigo

Two-time presidential candidate and billionaire businessman Ross Perot died Tuesday, the Dallas Morning News reported.

Perot, 89, had been being diagnosed with leukemia in February.

The Texas businessman ran for president in 1992 and in 1996 as a third-party candidate, amassing 19 percent of the popular vote in his first White House bid. Although he did not win any electoral votes, many credit him with helping seal the victory for former President Clinton.

In 2000, Perot endorsed George W. Bush’s candidacy for president.

Bush praised Perot as a “strong patriot” on Tuesday following the news of his death.

“Ross Perot epitomized the entrepreneurial spirit and the American creed,” the former president said in statement. “He gave selflessly of his time and resources to help others in our community, across our country, and around the world.”

“Laura and I send our heartfelt condolences to the entire Perot family as they celebrate a full life.”

After his foray into politics, Perot dedicated much of his time and money to philanthropic efforts.

………

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #30524

EVERYDAY #30534

Wasn’t a huge fan of his, but in his first run for president, Perot showed a third party or independent candidate can get votes. Plus I understand that he was good to veterans. That makes him ok in my book.

Rest in peace, Mr. Perot.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.