Rubio is Nominating Trump

Source: Conservative Review | 3 March, 2016 | Daniel Horowitz

Last night, we observed how Rubio’s supporters, the very people who said that we need to unite around the second place finisher to beat Trump, are refusing to honor their own commitment.  I’d like to expand on this point and demonstrate how Rubio has already handed Trump a delegate lead and how the Florida senator will likely make that lead insurmountable if he doesn’t exit the race.  

It’s incontrovertibly clear that Rubio has no path to coming anywhere close to Trump in the delegate count, both because of the math and because you can’t be the man who seized the anti-establishment mantle with an establishment guy.  By staying in the race, Rubio denied Cruz an outright sweep of all of Texas’s 155 delegates.  Cruz was only 6% shy of the 50% trigger to win all the delegates, yet he was stymied by Rubio siphoning off 17%.  The same dynamic played out in Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Arkansas, where Cruz could have netted many more delegates with Rubio out of the race.  Rubio has consistently hauled away about a quarter of the evangelical vote.  Cruz could have caught Trump in the delegate count last night, even at the height of Trump’s strength – before Cruz goes up against him mano-a-mano. 

updated delegate count

Rubio Playing Spoiler Until March 15th

The race’s current dynamic is going to continue playing out over the next few weeks.  Rubio is the perfect spoiler.  While he can never win enough delegates nor capture enough of the core base, he has a high floor of support.  

Thanks to the full support of the establishment, Fox News serving as his private super pac

– See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/03/rubio-is-nominating-trump#sthash.sRBHYUwO.dpuf

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Discussion
  • slhancock1948 #1994

I hope Marco sees the light, but somehow, I doubt it. He ought to know that FL is not going to crown him. But, he’s like Trump in many ways. Stubborn and a narcissist.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.