Sanders spokeswoman says she 'misspoke' when she claimed Bloomberg had heart attack

Source: The Hill | February 19, 2020 | Rebecca Klar

A spokeswoman for Sen. Bernie Sanders’s (I-Vt.) presidential campaign said Wednesday she “misspoke” when she claimed Sanders’s primary opponent former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg has had a heart attack.

“I mispoke when I said Bloomberg had a heart attack,” Sanders spokeswoman Briahna Joy Gray tweeted Wednesday, after making the comments on CNN’s “New Day” earlier that morning.

“Rather, he underwent the same stent procedure as Bernie. Bernie released 3 detailed medical reports in December — just like the other candidates.”

……..

Gray followed up with a link to a New York Times article from 2007 which reported Bloomberg had surgery to have two stents implanted in a coronary artery because of a blockage in his heart in 2001 before he was elected mayor of New York City. Bloomberg served as mayor of New York for three terms.  

There is no evidence that Bloomberg, 78, has suffered a heart attack. 

Bloomberg’s campaign advisor Tim O’Brien quickly called out Gray on Wednesday for what he said was a “Trumpy lie,” adding in a tweet that Bloomberg “has *never* had a heart attack.” 

Sanders, who is also 78, had a heart attack in October.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.