'Saturday Night Live' mocks Trump’s ‘fake’ national emergency: 'Wall makes safe'

Source: The Hill | February 17, 2019 | Justin Wise

“Saturday Night Live” during its latest episode took aim at President Trump’s “fake” national emergency to fund a wall along the southern border.

Alec Baldwin, impersonating Trump, mocked the president’s justification for diverting funds from the military to build a border wall. 

“We have a tremendous amount of drugs flowing into the country from the southern border—or the brown line as many people have asked me not to call it,” Baldwin said. “That’s why we need wall. Because wall works. Wall makes safe.”

He later stated that “you can all see why I have to fake this national emergency.”

“I have to because I want to. It’s really simple. We have a problem,” Baldwin added, before saying that he’s “basically taking military money so I can has wall.”

“So I’m going to sign these papers for emergency,” he continued. “And then I will immediately be sued and the ruling will not go in my favor and it will end up in the Supreme Court and I’ll call my buddy [Brett] Kavanaugh and I’ll say it’s time to repay the Donny, and he will say, ‘New phone, who dis?’ Then the Mueller report will be released, crumbling my house of cards and I can just plead insanity.

“And my personal hell of being president will finally be over.”

……..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.