'Saturday Night Live' targets Cruz, Cuomo

Source: The Hill | February 21, 2021 | Dominick Mastrangelo

“Saturday Night Live” in its latest episode poked fun at a pair of prominent politicians caught up in scandals this week. 

During a skit titled “Oops you did it again” with Chloe Fineman playing host Britney Spears, the sketch comedy show spoofed Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who was criticized for traveling to Cancun with his family while a deadly winter storm hit his state,  and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D), who has admitted a “mistake” in withholding data on coronavirus-related deaths in his state’s nursing homes.

“And now I’m in a little bit of hot water,” Aidy Bryant’s Cruz says. “Which I’m told is something nobody in Texas has.” 

Bryan’s Cruz then said he “deeply regrets” his trip to Mexico, “especially flying United.” 

The lawmaker then apologizes, saying, “I’m pretty bad at human stuff.” 

“Would a coward have the [guts] to blame his actions on his young daughters?” he asks. 

Comedian Pete Davidson then joins the skit, depicting Cuomo. 

“Some of the people who died in nursing homes were not counted as nursing home deaths,” Davidson’s Cuomo admits. “It’s like what happens at Disney World. People die and they move the bodies. They say ‘oh I guess Brenda died in the parking lot and not in the tea cups.” 

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.