‘Saturday Night Live’ targets Fox News hosts on Ukraine invasion

Source: The Hill | March 6, 2022 | Mychael Schnell

“Saturday Night Live” knocked Fox News hosts Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham for their comments on the Russian invasion of Ukraine in the sketch comedy show’s latest episode.

The show opened with a “Fox News Ukrainian Invasion Celebration Spectacular,” which was hosted from Mar-a-Lago. Carlson, played by Alex Moffat, and Ingraham, played by Kate McKinnon, hosted the fictitious event.

“Good evening, everyone. I’m Tucker Carlson — I’m like if a pair of boat shoes came to life,” Moffat’s Carlson said.

“And I’m Laura Ingraham, and when I watch Harry Potter I root for Voldemort,” McKinnon’s Ingraham said.

Moffat’s Carlson said the two network figures “got into a little bit of trouble for all the nice things we said about Russia and the mean things we said about Ukraine.”

“We did sound pretty awful in hindsight. And foresight,” McKinnon’s Ingraham agreed

Moffat’s Carlson said he “kept asking why do we hate Putin? Aren’t liberals in America even worse?”

“And I called the president of Ukraine pathetic. He stayed and fought with his people in the war, and I called him pathetic from a news desk in Washington,” McKinnon’s Ingraham said.

“I kept saying we should be more worried about our own border getting invaded by Mexico. But, in my defense, I am racist, so I thought that was true,” Moffat’s Carlson added.

……..

McKinnon’s Ingraham said on “SNL” that the pair was going to “make it up to you” that night by “raising money for the real victims of this invasion: the oligarchs.”

……..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.