‘Saturday Night Live’ targets Jan. 6 committee, Trump

Source: The Hill | October 16, 2022 | Zach Schonfeld

“Saturday Night Live” opened its most recent episode by poking fun at last week’s House Jan. 6 committee hearing.

“Over the past few months, this bipartisan committee has presented our case,” said Heidi Gardner, who was playing Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.).

“Whether you’re a Republican who’s not watching or a Democrat whose nodding so hard your head is falling off, one person is responsible for this insurrection: Donald Trump,” she continued. “And one person will suffer the consequences: me.”

As Cheney, Gardner went on to joke about the Wyoming Republican’s father, former Vice President Dick Cheney.

“You might wonder, how do you have the guts to take on your entire party alone,” said Gardner as Cheney. “And I’d say, when you were little, who tucked you in at night: was it Dick Cheney?”

“So yeah, I guess you could say I have big Dick Cheney energy,” Gardner added.

Cheney’s part came after she was introduced by the panel’s chair, Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), played by Kenan Thompson.

“January 6 was one of the most dramatic and consequential moments in our nation’s history, so to fight back we assembled a team of monotone nerds to do a PowerPoint,” Kenan Thompson said.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.