‘Saturday Night Live’ targets Republican candidates in latest episode

Source: The Hill | October 30, 2022 | Zach Schonfeld

“Saturday Night Live” poked fun at three Republican Senate and gubernatorial nominees in the show’s cold open after rising momentum in their battleground races.

The show parodied an episode “PBS NewsHour,” with Heidi Gardner playing anchor Judy Woodruff as she interviewed Georgia Republican Senate nominee Herschel Walker, Pennsylvania Republican Senate nominee Mehmet Oz and Arizona Republican gubernatorial nominee Kari Lake.

“Dr. Oz, you’ve caught up to your opponent, John Fetterman, recently, surprising many in the media,” said Gardner as Woodruff.

“I sure have,” responded Mikey Day as Oz. “Let’s remember, I was a long shot, Judy. But I always told myself, ‘You can win this election if you’re honest, if you’re fair and if your opponent has a debilitating medical emergency.’”

Fetterman suffered a stroke just prior to gaining the Democratic nomination, and his recovery was center stage during last week’s debate in the hotly contested race.

At one point, Day wears a Philadelphia Phillies hat with the tag still on, a reference to Democratic attacks that Oz is not from the Keystone State and moved there only in 2020.

……..

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.