'Saturday Night Live' targets Warren health plan

Source: The Hill | November 3, 2019 | Jessica Campisi

“Saturday Night Live” targeted candidate Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) in its latest episode after the 2020 White House hopeful released the details of her “Medicare for All” funding plan.

Kate McKinnon starred as Warren, answering questions from Iowa supporters about health care.

“Hello. It is good to be here. Look at me. I’m in my natural habitat, a public school on a weekend,” McKinnon said as Warren. “I just housed a Nature Valley bar in the hallway, so I am jacked up and ready to pop off.”

After saying she wanted to “pour one out” for former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-Texas), who ended his Democratic presidential bid on Thursday, McKinnon began to go over the details of Warren’s Medicare for All funding plan, which has come under scrutiny over her insistence that it would not increase taxes for the middle class.

“Thank you so much for running a great campaign and for sticking around long enough to call me punitive. That was so badass,” the fake Warren said of O’Rourke. “Let me know how my dust tastes, all right?”

One audience member then asked why it took so long for Warren to release her health care plan, to which McKinnon as Warren said, “Thanks for bringing up health care. That is my ‘Despacito.'”

Another audience member then asked how Warren’s plan compares to that of former Vice President Joe Biden, who has pitted himself against Warren in opposing Medicare for All. McKinnon said her plan “compares favorably in that it exists. Biden doesn’t know how to pay for stuff. He just puts down a $50 bill in the Amtrak dining car every few months.”

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.