‘Saturday Night Live’ unveils new Donald Trump

Source: The Hill | November 7, 2021 | Mychael Schnell

“Saturday Night Live” unveiled a new cast member’s portrayal of former President Trump in the opening skit of the sketch comedy show’s latest episode.

James Austin Johnson, who joined “SNL” this year and is widely known for his Trump impression, parodied the former president doing an interview with cast member Cecily Strong as Fox News host Jeanine Pirro on “Justice with Judge Jeanine.”

Johnson’s Trump appeared with Strong’s Pirro to comment on last Tuesday’s gubernatorial election in Virginia. He was brought on screen after Gov.-elect Glenn Youngkin (R), played by cast member Alex Moffat, said he was grateful to parents who helped him with the race without the help of Trump.

Johnson’s Trump went on to take credit for Youngkin’s win in the Old Dominion, despite the candidate keeping his distance from the former president throughout the race. The two men never campaigned in person together. Youngkin won the race by roughly 68,000 votes over former Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D).

“I just wanted to congratulate Glenn Youngkin, and mostly myself, on a tremendous victory in Virginia. You know what, Glenn, we did it together,” Johnson’s Trump said on the show.

“Oh, you don’t have to say that,” Moffat’s Youngkin said while alongside Trump in a split screen. 

Johnson’s Trump said “it’s great to be here, Judge Judy, and it’s great to be, frankly, winning again. Oh, we love to win, and you know what, you’re gonna see a lot more win

Johnson’s Trump continued speaking throughout the parodied television interview, going on rants about “Star Wars,” “Game of Thrones,” the new film “Dune,” Chris Pratt, the video game character Mario, Santa Claus and a number of other topics.

“Wow, you are impressive, how do you keep that all in your brain?” Strong’s Pirro asked Johnson’s Trump.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #50676

EVERYDAY #50680

Honestly, I liked Baldwin better.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.