'Saturday Night Live' warns of Trump reelection in Halloween tale

Source: The Hill | November 1, 2020 | Aris Folley

Jim Carrey warned viewers of President Trump’s possible reelection this week while reprising his role as Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden on “Saturday Night Live.”

In a Halloween-themed story time during the late-night show’s cold open, Carrey’s Biden began the program saying, “Greetings, America. It’s a spooky time fille with demons and darkness. Also, it’s Halloween.”

“For some Trump voters, it’s the only day they’ll wear a mask,” he swiped, before gesturing toward Halloween decorations on set, adding: “Do you like my decorations? I borrowed them from Melania’s Christmas display.” 

Moments later, Carrey’s Biden begins to look for a “scary story” to read for the segment. After appearing startled by “Triggered,” a book President Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., released last year, he decides on an election-themed version of Edgar Allan Poe’s “ The Raven.”

“Once upon a midnight dreary, while Trump retweeted QAnon theories And rifled through his Adderall drawer. I was writing my acceptance speech, when something stopped me with a screech. ‘Twas a knock upon my chamber door. ‘Twas was someone still a little sore who made me scared of four years more,” he said. 

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.