Scarborough says he'll never return to Republican Party after GOP supported Trump

Source: The Hill | November 25, 2020 | Jordan Williams

Joe Scarborough, host of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” said on Wednesday that he would never be a Republican again after the party supported President Trump.

During an appearance on “The View” with his wife and co-host Mika Brzezinski, the former GOP congressman was asked if the party could recover after supporting the president over the last four years.

Scarborough said the GOP keeps making “fools of themselves” by kowtowing to Trump, and that he didn’t know where to go after the party threw aggressive support behind him.

“I don’t know where I go. I’m not sure where you go,” he said. “I don’t go back to the Republican Party.”

Scarborough also blasted Trump for acting as a “fascist,” saying Trump has called on his supporters to commit violent acts and repeatedly suggested arresting his political opponents. He also pointed out that Trump has asserted that Article II of the Constitution gives him “the right to do whatever I want as president.”

“My Republican Party, the Republican Party of my youth, remains silent. I can never go back there,” the former congressman said.

“So the question is, do I remain an independent for the rest of my life? Do we have an expanding Democratic Party where Democrats welcome conservatives and suburban voters that helped elect Joe Biden this time?” he said. “I mean I think that’s the big question.”

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.