Sean Parnell suspends Pennsylvania Senate bid

Source: The Hill | November 22, 2021 | Max Greenwood

Republican Sean Parnell is suspending his Senate campaign after losing a legal battle for primary custody of his three children.

In a statement released on Monday afternoon, Parnell said he was “devastated” by the decision in the custody case and insisted that he would ask the court to reconsider. He said that his Senate campaign weighed heavily on the ruling, which hands primary physical custody and sole legal custody of his children to his estranged wife Laurie Snell.  

“There is nothing more important to me than my children, and while I plan to ask the court to reconsider, I can’t continue with a Senate campaign,” Parnell said. “My focus right now is 100% on my children, and I want them to know I do not have any other priorities and will never stop fighting for them. Thank you.”

Parnell, a retired Army Ranger who narrowly lost a U.S. House race last year, was among several candidates vying for the GOP nomination to succeed retiring Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) next year. Parnell emerged as the likely frontrunner in the primary after winning the endorsement of former President Donald Trump.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.