Secret Service agents asked about transferring to Florida to guard Trump after he leaves office: report

Source: The Hill | November 24, 2020 | Jordan Williams

Secret Service agents are being asked about transferring to Florida to guard President Trump after he leaves office in January, sources told ABC News

The Secret Service’s Miami field office has also begun looking at physical reinforcements to the president’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Palm Beach, the unidentified sources added. 

Renovations to living quarters, or “updates,” are reportedly underway ahead of the president and first lady Melania Trump living at the resort full-time after Jan. 20. The residence has only been used on a temporary basis, and the club has only been open seasonally. 

The report comes as the Trump administration signals that it is ready to begin the transition of power with the incoming Biden administration. However, the president has yet to outright concede his election loss. 

ABC News also reported that Trump is expected to spend time at his golf club in Bedminster, N.J., and in New York after leaving office. 

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #44974

EVERYDAY #44981

Whe I read the headline, I thought it was saying Secret Service agents were volunteering to guard the Trumps.

They would have to be crazy to volunteer, especially after he put some of their lives at risk during his joyride around Walter Reed while he was supposedly sick with COVID.

And I wonder how much the taxpayers will be billed to guard Trump at Mar-a-Lago. Will the agents be staying at the resort at thousands of dollars per night, or will they be put up at a Red Roof?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.