Sen. Cruz on TheBlaze with Glenn Beck: 'Our Prayers Are With … Dallas

Source: U.S. Senator for Texas Ted Cruz | July 8, 2016 |

ICYMI: Sen. Cruz on TheBlaze with Glenn Beck: ‘Our Prayers Are With the Community of Dallas’

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) spoke with Glenn Beck on TheBlaze Radio Network regarding last night’s vicious attack on police officers in Dallas.

“Like Americans all across our country, I’m grieving,” Sen. Cruz said. “Last night was a horrifying display, and all of us simply watched in horror as police officers, who risk their lives keeping us safe, who rush into dangerous situations, found themselves targeted for murder. And Heidi’s and my prayers today are with the families of the five brave officers who lost their lives. Our prayers are with all [12] officers who were shot, and our prayers are very much with the community of Dallas that is mourning this horrific crime that played out.” 

Cruz continued: “In my time in the Senate, I have had the opportunity to spend a great deal of time with police officers, and their sacrifice and bravery in the face of danger is part of the basic fabric that keeps our society together. And to see vicious murderers targeting them is horrific and really, really sad.

“There is enormous frustration across the country on many, many fronts, and much of the frustration is justified. It’s frustration with our system. It’s frustration with corruption. With regard to the police shooting in Dallas last night, the murder of five police officers and the shooting of [12] officers, I think we need to wait for the facts to develop to learn exactly what happened and why. I think it would be a mistake for anyone to jump to conclusions until we understand. There are conflicting reports about how many shooters there were, about what their motivations were, and I think we need to allow time to understand what occurred. And I believe this morning what’s most important is that we stand in solidarity with law enforcement, with police officers and firefighters and first responders who were targeted for murder. There are many in the African American community who were protesting peacefully, as is their right to protest peacefully… But of course, nobody has a right to commit acts of violence. Nobody has a right to commit murder, which is what we saw in Dallas last night.

“And when it comes to condemning acts of violence, whether it is the targeted murder of police officers or whether it is, just a few weeks ago, a self-professed ISIS terrorist murdering 49 people and wounding another 50 in Orlando, murder is wrong. And it should not be a partisan issue. It should be an issue that brings us together united as Americans and united as men and women and brothers and sisters that protect and stand up for each other.”

Listen to Sen. Cruz’s interview in its entirety here.

###

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.