Simone Biles becomes first American to win a medal at every World Championships event

Source: The Hill | November 3, 2018 | Emily Birnbaum

Olympic champion Simone Biles continued her record-breaking winning streak on Saturday, becoming the first American ever to win a medal in every event at the world championships.

Biles became the most-decorated female gymnast in world championships history after winning four golds, a silver and a bronze medal this week, according to multiple reports

Saturday marked the best meet of her life as she became the first woman in 30 years to win medals at all six events at the world gymnastics championships or Olympics, USA Today reported

“I’m really pleased with my performances,” 21-year-old Biles said after the meet. “Yes, I wish some of them could have gone better.”

“I’m most proud that I’m here, made all of the event finals, medaled in all of the events, and I survived,” she said.

Biles took a year off after the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, where she was part of the gold medal-winning team nicknamed the “Final Five.”  

Biles holds the record for most career world champion titles by a gymnast. 

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.