'SNL' mocks Tulsi Gabbard after 'present' vote on impeachment: 'Democrats, I'll get you, my party, and your little mayor too'

Source: The Hill | December 22, 2019 | Aris Folley

“Saturday Night Live” poked fun at Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii), a 2020 White House hopeful, this weekend after she became the sole member of the House to vote “present” on both articles of impeachment brought against President Trump.

The show kicked off with a sketch parodying this week’s Democratic presidential debate in Los Angeles.

At one point in the mock debate, Jason Sudeikis, portraying former Vice President Joe Biden, randomly said, “Look, I don’t know what’s going on, but I just want to say I love the ladies, even these tough broads. I have the utmost respect for Lizzy Woo over here and Sen. Kombucha over there. I do.”

“Alright, maybe we need to have fewer debates. I think you’re hurting your cause,” Heidi Gardner, playing PBS moderator Judy Woodruff, responded.

Then, suddenly, Cecily Strong made an appearance, reprising her role as Gabbard. 

As lights flashed on the stage and menacing music played, Gabbard’s character entered, saying, “Speaking of hurting our cause.”

“Tulsi Gabbard?” Rachel Dratch as Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) asked.

“Present,” Gabbard’s character responded while smirking. 

“Why are you here?” Klobuchar’s character asked. 

“Democrats, I’ll get you, my party, and your little mayor too,” Gabbard’s character said, tenting her fingers.

She then erupted into an evil laugh as lights began to flash before she disappeared from the stage.

…….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.