'SNL' pokes fun at Marjorie Taylor Greene: They're calling me Congress's new 'it' girl

Source: The Hill | February 28, 2021 | Aris Folley

“Saturday Night Live” cast member Cecily Strong revived her role as Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) during the show’s latest “Weekend Update” segment, discussing the lawmaker’s decision to hang a “There are TWO genders” sign outside her office in response to a Democrat’s trans pride flag.

“You’ve only been in office a few weeks, and you’re already making a lot of news,” Colin Jost, host of SNL’s “Weekend Update” segment, tells Strong’s Greene.

“I know. They’re calling me Congress’s new ‘it’ girl,” she responds.

“Oh, ‘it’ like the new thing?” he asks.

“No, ‘it’ like the evil clown that prays on children,” Strong’s Greene replies. 

Pressed by Jost moments later about why she decided to hang the sign, which many have decried as transphobic, Strong’s Greene responds, “Because we have to trust the science.”

“You know me. I’m a science person. I love science. I’m always talking science unless that science is about climate change, coronavirus, space lasers, evolution, the metric system … living on Mars, Jesus’s skin color or Santa’s skin color, by the way, which is white,” she says while wearing a shirt that reads “TRUST THE SIENCE.”

“You think I’m just crazy. Well, I’m not,” she tells Jost before taking a moment to sneeze wildly while saying gibberish. 

“That was a sneeze?” Jost says. 

“Oh yeah. See, when I was a little girl, I sneezed once, and nobody said, ‘Bless you,’ so a demon got in,” Greene responds. 

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.