Stephanie Grisham describes Trump anger toward her and others as ‘terrifying’

Source: The Hill | September 28, 2021 | Mychael Schnell and Jordan Williams

Former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham in a new book says former President Trump’s anger toward her and others was “terrifying.”

Grisham, who served as press secretary for nine months before moving to the first lady’s office, writes in her new book, “I’ll Take Your Questions Now,” that she started to regret her decision to work in the West Wing when she saw Trump’s temper “wasn’t just for shock value or the cameras.”

“When I began to see how his temper wasn’t just for shock value or the cameras … I began to regret my decision to go to the West Wing,” Grisham writes in the book, according to The New York Times, which obtained the manuscript.

Grisham writes that Pat Cipollone, who served as White House counsel under Trump, was a frequent target of the former president’s anger.

“He didn’t like them telling him that things he wanted to do were unethical or illegal. So he’d scream at them. But then he’d usually listen. And then yell at them again later,” Grisham writes, according to the Times.

The former press secretary criticizes herself, writing, “I should have spoken up more.”

She said “pretty much” all members of Trump’s team “eventually wore out their welcome with the president.”

“We were bottles of milk with expiration dates,” she added, according to the Times.

Grisham also writes that Trump asked her to investigate permanently evicting press from the White House briefing room, adding that she “researched different places we could put them other than the press briefing room.”

“Each time the president asked me about my progress on the matter, I let him know I was still working on option,” Grisham further says, according to the Times.

Trump said in a statement on Tuesday that Grisham “didn’t have what it takes and that was obvious from the beginning.”

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.