Steve Bannon's Twitter account suspended

Source: The Hill | November 5, 2020 | Kaelan Deese

Former White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon’s Twitter account was suspended Thursday after allegedly calling for the nation’s leading infectious diseases expert Anthony Fauci’s head “on pikes” on his podcast.

His podcast Twitter account @WarRoomPandemic was suspended after the statement went live.

……..

In an email sent to The Hill, Twitter said Bannon’s account was suspended for violating “our policy on the glorification of violence.”

Twitter added that it has policies in place to address explicit threats of violence and other forms of online abuse or harassment and hateful conduct.

Bannon’s allegedly violent comments on his “War Room” YouTube podcast Thursday come as the nation has yet to see a decided victor in the presidential race against President Trump and Democratic nominee Joe Biden.

His words about Fauci came after he suggested firing the nation’s leading epidemiologist on the White House coronavirus task force, as well as calls to fire FBI Director Christopher Wray.

“Second term kicks off with firing Wray, firing Fauci, no, I actually want to go a step farther, but the president is a kind-hearted man and a good man,” said Bannon.

He added, “I’d actually like to go back to the old times of Tudor England. I’d put their heads on pikes, right, I’d put them at the two corners of the White House as a warning to federal bureaucrats, you either get with the program or you’re gone.”

His comments sparked outrage from users on social media, with some calling to attention the fact that Bannon is currently out on bail after being indicted for alleged fundraising fraud.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.