Steve Deace: Hey, Donald, I Dare You: Call Our Bluff

Source: Conservative Review | June 27, 2016 | Steve Deace

Dear Donald,

Can I call you “Donald” or must I, too, refer to you as “Mr. Trump?”

I prefer Donald. After all, we know each other, so we can dispense with the formalities. Especially because I’m here to make you an offer you can’t refuse.

This is a chance to make the ultimate statement about your strength as a candidate. A chance to put down this looming delegate revolt faster than you can say “Machiavelli.” And in broad daylight, no less, with the cameras rolling. A chance to finally receive the allegiance from Republicans and conservatives you already think you deserve.

All it requires is just this one, simple move on your part. A gesture, really, which gives you the opportunity to show us once-and-for-all you are the alpha male leader we’ve been looking for. Here’s all you have to do.

Call our bluff.

If you really have all this support, if you really have a mandate from Republican primary voters, and weren’t catapulted this far by upwards of 12 million Democrat crossover voters, then here’s your chance to prove it. To prove your superior intellect, talent, charisma and bravado.

Simply join our call to free the delegates at the convention in Cleveland.

That would be free as in unbound. Totally able, according to the history and bylaws of the Republican Party, to vote for the man or woman who best represents the dictates of their conscience. All you have to do, Donald, is make the case that’s you.

….

The press plans on keeping Hillary safe and secure in the same kind of spider hole U.S. soldiers once found Saddam Hussein in, so she can’t get out and damage herself. Meanwhile, you get a proctology exam on live TV. All day, every day. Not even your Scottish golf courses are sanctuary.

Furthermore, the system is mocking your lack of organization, fundraising and credible staff. They’re turning you into the Cheetoed Dan Quayle. Just ask your pal, Sarah Palin, what happens once you become a punch line.

Once you go joke, your candidacy goes broke.

Besides, what kind of an alpha male allows an industry of wannabe hipsters, metrosexuals and beta beings turn him into a punch line anyway? Come on, Donald, you like to brag you’re a “counterpuncher.” So throw a counter punch, tough guy. Gamble on yourself by unbounding the delegates and closing the sale in Cleveland with all the world a stage. The biggest reality TV show audience of all time. One ring to rule them all.

Or maybe you’re just all talk? Hiding out behind your incredible shrinking crowds of fans at your dwindling rallies.

….

Dazzle us. Mesmerize us. Drop our jaws with delight. Unbound those delegates and show us whose boss. After all, how are you going to win over a majority of 130 million American voters if you can’t win over a majority of 2500 delegates?

Why on earth would you have taken things this far without saving the best for last? There has to be an Art of the Deal chapter to end all Art of the Deal chapters up your sleeve. C’mon, Donald. Make us feel pretty.

….

You trust them to cave, don’t you? What a marvelous seduction that would be.

Don’t deny us your greatest, Donald, here at the very end. Stay true to the game you love. Have the courage to demand the world bow before you one last time.

You know you want it.

Unless you really are a coward?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.