Steve Deace: My thoughts on @tedcruz — the man as well as his candidacy — …

Source: Steve Deace's Facebook | May 3, 2016 | Steve Deace

My thoughts on Ted Cruz — the man as well as his candidacy — and where we go from here.

Ted Cruz drops out tonight. Though I am disappointed, it was a heckuva ride with a great conservative warrior. I was one of the first to publicly support him, and never regretted it once. I consider him a friend, and I’ll share a fox hole with him anytime.

Ted is not perfect, but of all the politicians I’ve known (and I’ve known a lot of them), he’s among the most conscientious and real I’ve met. The country missed an opportunity here with an imperfect vessel to try and take a step back towards the righteous path, but it is what it is. And yes, there are things Cruz could’ve done differently, but when you’re up against a zeitgeist as well as a long overdue providential spanking, there’s only so much anyone can do. Let’s face it, 14 months ago when he announced nobody thought he would get this far.

So it is a sad day for me personally and politically, but I don’t regret any of this journey. Along the way I met more true patriots than I can remember, which reminded me there is always a remnant. Though this didn’t end the way I wanted it to, and I saw so many things that disappointed me to the point of breaking me, this journey actually strengthened my faith. And I thank Team Cruz for that, and Ted for his friendship and courage of conviction.

And now, behold, America has been crying out to be spanked. Acting like a petulant brat who when threatened with punishment insists on throwing an even harder tantrum — daring the parent to act.

And He shall, and is.

Therefore, this election cycle ended for me today. My involvement in the Republican Party ended for me today, too. I will not belong to something that has no interest in the things of God, and has sunk so low as to nominate a man of so little character as its standard-bearer. We will be switching our party affiliations tomorrow.

However, the war rages on. The harvest is plenty, but the workers are few. But I will be fighting in cultural and spiritual arenas where a harvest is possible. If others wish to water weeds so be it.

And I end this election satisfied that I did everything I could to stop what’s about to happen next, so I have no regrets.

God is good, all the time.

All the time, God is good.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.