Steve Deace's reason for doing what he did the past six months of this election

Source: Steve Deace's Facebook | November 11, 2016 | Steve Deace

I know some of you are troubled by the way we handled things in this election once it became the so-called “binary choice.” Okay, a lot of you were. 🙂 And though I don’t regret what we did or said, that doesn’t mean we did it right all the time, either.

But it’s more complicated for me being in the public eye as a believer than it is for many of you. I constantly have to balance what advances our political ideology/values and what could do damage to the Gospel by doing so in front of a much larger audience. This is not a seamless calculation, and it’s certainly not one I’ve mastered or always gotten right.

However, over the course of this election cycle I have received numerous notes from folks like the one I have permission to share with you below. People who were moved by our imperfect yet steadfast commitment to the Gospel first, even under the enormous pressure of an election, and God used that commitment to help move them towards a commitment of their own.

They are why we do what we do, and do it the way we do.

This is not meant to convince you that our way is right, or the only way to take a Biblical worldview into the mainstream. Only to share with those of you disappointed we didn’t appear to be fighting by your side what was the motivation driving what we did. In the hopes that you can see our motives were not ego, self-righteousness, or some lingering bitterness our guy didn’t win.

The motive was to stay true to the show’s prime directive: doing our part to let the lion out of its cage, and make a Biblical worldview mainstream in America again.

Steve, Arron, Todd, and Kim,

I have been a faithful listener for a little more than a year. I discovered the show on i tune and podcast addict while looking for a reliable source of information. The more I listened to you the more questions I had and being reluctant to get mis information and mis guided I took it upon myself to do my own research based upon books you have recommended and written as well as looking up the guests and websites mentioned on your show.

A question you asked was, “what if anything good came from this election?’ I would like to answer that on a personal note if I may. I just turned 50 in October. I was raised Catholic and I believe that foundation or those roots are the very purpose I am still here today. My past was not as bad as some but worse than most I suppose. I asked Jesus into my heart at 13 and He has been there ever since. However, I have done my fair share of turning my back on Him.

Getting back to your show. I have always considered myself a Christian and a Conservative. However, I, like many have held my nose since 1996. The very first vote I ever cast was for Reagan in 1984. Since then I have watched the Progressives continue to march on with their agenda and the Christian morals get compromised away. I was never really involved in politics until 2010 when I became a follower of the Tea Party.

Steve, listening to your show has made me re-examine my Conservative values and my Christian morals. They never really changed but I often didn’t speak out in fear of being judged. Listening to your show has taught me that I have NOTHING to fear nor apologize for. I wrote to you a few months ago and spoke about getting baptized as Christ tells us in the bible. I also said that I would keep you posted. I wanted to do that and share my experience with you and the others.

After all, you and all those on your show played a big role in my decision to fully dedicate my life to Christ and to share His message. Now when I have discussions with people or I am asked my beliefs this is what I say. The one and only true God is the ultimate authority in my life, his commandments are not suggestions nor are they negotiable, they are law. Jesus Christ is God’s one and only son whom He sent to die on the cross for my sins so I may be forgiven. Jesus was born, He died and was buried, and He ascended into Heaven and he will return to judge us all. The Word of God is the bible and is my moral compass. When I feel that I am going astray, (which is often), I read God’s Word and it always shows me TRUE NORTH.

Steve, Aaron, Todd, and Kim,

Thank you so much for all that you do. Thank you for giving me the courage to use my voice and speak the truth. You are all in my prayers and I thank God that He pointed me to people who are strong in their faith so I can learn from them. God Bless you all, and God Bless America.

Your brother in Christ,

Matthew S. Wheeler

“To God goes all the glory”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #11368

ConservativeGranny #11371

People who didn’t vote for Trump because of their conscience or religious beliefs shouldn’t have to keep explaining themselves. It’s not necessary. Those who disagree with them will never understand and those of us that know what led to that decision need no explanation.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.