Steve Scalise upgraded to fair condition after undergoing surgery amid infection

Source: Washington Examiner | July 13, 2017 | Al Weaver

House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, R-La., underwent surgery Thursday to manage an infection he incurred as part of a bullet wound stemming from the June 14 shooting in Alexandria, Va., and has been upgraded to “fair condition,” according to a statement released Thursday by MedStar Washington Hospital Center.

“Congressman Steve Scalise remains hospitalized at MedStar Washington Hospital Center. Today, he underwent surgery for the management of deep tissue infection related to his bullet wounds,” MedStar said in the statement. “He is in fair condition, and will require careful monitoring to see if and when further interventions are necessary.”

……

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #17349

EVERYDAY #17357

I continue to wish Rep. Scalise well, but…I hear the hospital he’s been in has an atrocious record for potentially fatal infections. If that’s so, perhaps he and/or his family should have him moved to a far better hospital. I know there are quite a few in the Baltimore/Washington area.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by EVERYDAY.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.