Stirred, Not Shaken

Source: The New Americana | 10.7.2016 | Betty Tompkins

I’ve got good news and bad news. Let’s get the bad news out of the way first.

It appears that we are in the middle of a “shaking” like we’ve never before seen in our generation. In Hebrews 12:26 God announces, “Once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens.” From the book of Revelation we understand that the shaking of the heavens will culminate in Satan, and other rogue “stars” being cast down to earth, during the seven-year Tribulation.

As for the earth, Matthew 27:51 tells us that the last time the earth shook was at the moment of Christ’s death on the Cross. The “once more” shaking of the earth, referenced in Hebrews, however, could very well be about something you might not expect.

At first read one would assume that this shaking would be for the benefit, or to the detriment, of non-believers; sort of a “loosening” of the undecideds off the fence, as it were. That’s what I always thought at least. But now I see an obvious (and unsettling) shaking occurring – that of the church.

As I’ve watched the amazing “break-out” of many evangelicals to the side of Trump in this election, I admit that I’ve been quite surprised. Then, as that trend has continued (and grown) in an almost urgent, feverish way, I’ve come to realize that something larger seems to be going on. While I’ve commented in earlier blogs that our responsibility as Christians is to encourage prayer for guidance in this election – as opposed to offering direction from our worldly standpoint – I have been amazed that I’m still not seeing that approach within the Christian community. In fact, quite disturbingly, just the opposite seems to be true.

The Christian Times recently published a bogus article, complete with a badly photo-shopped picture, implying that Hillary’s camp “planted” several ballot boxes filled with votes for her in a random warehouse in Franklin, OH. The idea was to get their “undecided” Christian readers to vote for Trump by inciting them with this glaring lie.

There is also a clever interpretation being bandied about that Trump is who God was referring to when He spoke of Cyrus in Isaiah 45; as someone He will work through to right many wrongs “even though you do not acknowledge me.” I guess the idea here is to convince Christians that God needs our help to fulfill His perfect will. My response to that is: if God has ordained Trump to be president, then He has the power to do it without all of you knocking yourselves out to change a few minds before Election Day. Show a little faith, if you truly believe Isaiah 45 prophesied a Trump presidency!

Actually, this revealing of the true colors of many within the “church proper” is likely not an accident. It looks like the Lord is shining a harsh light on those He wants exposed for their “self-preservationism,” disguised as Christianity. We’ve all read about how the wheat and tares (also referenced as sheep and goats) will be separated in the end, but did we ever consider that the church would be one of the groups going through it?

Look back at the verse in Hebrews that we started with, and add the next verse to it:

“… now God has promised, “Once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens.” The words “once more” indicate the removing of what can be shaken — that is, created things — so that what cannot be shaken may remain.” (Hebrews 12:26,27)

That’s the good news. Those of us who remain firm in our faith, trusting Him throughout this madness without buying into the manic hawking from every pseudo-evangelical quadrant will be the ones who survive this shaking, and will ultimately, after other potential shakings, emerge as part of Christ’s glorious Church. You see, once you put it into perspective, the shaking has to occur. Read Ephesians 5:26,27 to understand why:

“…Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her to make her holy and clean, washed by the cleansing of God’s Word. He did this to present her to Himself as a glorious church without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish. Instead, she will be holy and without fault.”

The church, as it has evolved over the centuries, has been anything but holy and without fault. If the requirement is for it to be without spot, wrinkle or blemish, then we can expect some serious “wringing out” to be forthcoming. The spotlight on the Catholic priests’ scandal years ago seemed to start the process. Then all the press regarding the rampant watering-down of many denominations’ long-held doctrines added to it. And now, the blatant un-Scriptural behavior surrounding this presidential campaign continues to show that the church is truly a study in “blemish.” I believe we’re going to continue to see “a whole lotta shakin’ goin’ on,” and when it’s finished, only the unshakable will be left to represent the true Church.

So, when you hear or read “the Bible says it’s a Christian’s duty to vote!” – which is not in the Bible anywhere – or that “Trump is the only way to save America!” – which leaves God out of the equation altogether – please know that it’s not coming from those who will withstand the challenge of God’s shaking. They are, in essence, exposing themselves.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • slhancock1948 #10600

Excellent Read! Hope you WILL read it! It is a good word for our plight today and our future in Christ!

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

ConservativeGranny #10609

Good rendering of what is going down.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.