Strzok: 'I continue to believe that Donald Trump is compromised by the Russians'

Source: The Hill | September 13, 2020 | Zack Budryk

Former FBI agent Peter Strzok told NBC’s Chuck Todd Sunday that he still believes President Trump to be “compromised by the Russians.”

“I believed at the time in 2016 and I continue to believe that Donald Trump is compromised by the Russians,” Strzok said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “And when I say that I mean that they hold leverage over him that makes him incapable of placing the national interest, the national security ahead of his own.”

“One of the largest ways that people in foreign governments gain leverage, certainly in the case of the president, is through financial entanglements,” he added. “And I think when you take a look at the Trump financial enterprise, particularly its relationship with Russian, with Russian monies and potentially those related to organized crime and other elements, that those interactions have placed him in a position where the Russians have leverage over him and are able to influence his actions.”

Todd also questioned Strzok about the text messages between himself and FBI attorney Lisa Page, with whom he had an affair. Todd asked Strzok whether he blamed himself for “putt[ing] [himself] in a compromising position” or whether he believed he was treated unfairly.

“I certainly regret sending the text messages that were absolutely weaponized and used to bludgeon the work of the FBI, the work of the special counsel, I’ll always regret that,” Strzok conceded.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #42849

EVERYDAY #42852

Captain Obvious. I think most of us know Trump is colluding with Russia and has been for a number of years. But this matter has yet to be properly investigated. Maybe once Trump is out of office and he no longer enjoys the protection of the feckless Republican party, among others, a real investigation and prosecution will be conducted.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.