Susan Sarandon: 'DNC is completely corrupt’

Source: The Hill | November 3, 2016 | Mark Hensch

Actress Susan Sarandon on Thursday tore into the Democratic National Committee (DNC), calling it “completely corrupt.”

“After my experience in the primary, it’s very clear to me the DNC is gone,” she told CNN’s Carol Costello.

“Every superdelegate is a lobbyist. The way that the system is set up in terms of trying of having superdelegates — you could win a state and not get the delegates. It’s crazy.”

Sarandon backed Sen. Bernie Sanders in the Democratic presidential primary. She said she still respects Sanders even though he endorsed Hillary Clinton for president.

“Look, Bernie has said, ‘don’t ever listen to me if I tell you how to vote,’ ” she said.

“What [Sanders] did is show people that they counted. He brought them hope. He’s supporting a lot of candidates. It’s very important to go and vote down the ticket.”

Sarandon predicted a surge in third-party support on Election Day, calling Clinton and Donald Trump “untrustable.”

“I think we’ve been voting the lesser of two evils for too long. The good news is everybody’s so frustrated that at least we’re awake.”

….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.