Ted Cruz Brings Down House At TX GOP Convention; Reveals 5 Unifying Principles

Source: Politistick | May 15, 2016 | Matthew K. Burke

“If they stand in front of you and say, ‘This is what government’s going to do for you,’ they ain’t a conservative.” ~ Ted Cruz

“Secure the borders, deliver the mail and keep us safe — that’s it!” ~ Ted Cruz

“The Bill of Rights isn’t a Bill of Suggestions!” ~ Ted Cruz

“There is nothing in the Constitution that gives the president the power to be the bathroom police for this country.” ~ Ted Cruz

“I am convinced with all of my soul that God is not done with America yet.” ~ Ted Cruz

….

Cruz said that while the media is hellbent to write the obituary for the conservative movement following the loss in which he came in second place out of 17 Republican presidential candidates, the movement is just getting started and will only grow going forward.

….

Ted Cruz then went on to talk about core conservative principles that “common sense” or “Reagan conservatives” believe in and listed five main ones:

1. Our rights don’t come from government. They come from God almighty.
2. Government isn’t the solution. Government is the problem.
3. Economic growth is foundational to everything and growth doesn’t come from government but from small businesses.
4. We have got to protect and follow the Constitution and the Bill of Rights
5. Conservatives understand peace through strength — that weakness and appeasement doesn’t work.

Cruz said that one of the ways to tell is someone is a real, authentic conservative is to listen to them very carefully.

“If they stand in front of you and say, ‘This is what government’s going to do for you,’ they ain’t a conservative.”

“If they instead they talk about, ‘This is how we’re going to keep government out of your way so that you can achieve the American dream,’ that means they’re a conservative,” Cruz said to thunderous applause and cheers from the crowd.

….

Cruz said that while he doesn’t know what the future holds, he promised that the very principles he fought for in the presidential campaign would be fought for just as tenaciously by him in the U.S. Senate.

“For those who are discouraged, let me say this: Truth will prevail,” saying that God has blessed America from the beginning and that he believed that will continue going forward.

“I am convinced with all of my soul that God is not done with America yet,” Cruz declared to shouts of joy.

Below is the speech in its entirety, in two videos.

WATCH BELOW: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.