Ted Cruz: Comey now has an opp. to "repair the damage" to the FBI's reputation

Source: Ted Cruz's Facebook | October 28, 2016 | Ted Cruz

Americans already know Hillary Clinton’s lifelong pattern of corruption. It is abundantly clear that her handling of classified information on a private email server was grossly negligent, as the FBI admitted this summer. The question is whether our top law enforcement agencies will ever act to hold her accountable.

For decades, the FBI has earned a reputation for fair and impartial enforcement of the law, free of partisan influence. Director Comey’s previous half-hearted investigation of Hillary Clinton did serious damage to that reputation, and this latest revelation affords the FBI the opportunity to begin to repair that damage.

The FBI has yet to provide access to the information that was used in its previous decision, as requested by me and other Senate Judiciary members, including Chairman Chuck Grassley, and it should do so.

Whatever new evidence has been found should be thoroughly investigated, and I hope that — unlike with the prior investigation — Director Comey will demonstrate the courage to uphold the law and restore the integrity of the FBI.

Elected officials, no matter how high their position, should be held accountable for criminal conduct. The rule of law matters, and it should apply equally and fairly to us all.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #11034

Consistent #11035

EVERYDAY #11037

I don’t see anything happening here. The Clinton are like Teflon. Nothing sticks to them.

EVERYDAY #11038

I don’t see anything happening here. The Clintons are like Teflon. Nothing sticks to them.

ConservativeGranny #11039

Until they actually prosecute this woman I’m not going to get excited. And I won’t hold my breath either:(

CA Surveyor #11040

Comey has thrown Hitlery under the bus because it is abundantly clear that Trump is way ahead, and will prosecute Hillary and anyone tied to her.

Saving his own ass.

Woodcutter #11078

Some are saying that Obama could just pardon her…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.