Ted Cruz extends self-quarantine after second coronavirus interaction

Source: The Hill | March 13, 2020 | Marty Johnson

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) said he is extending his self-quarantine after learning he came in contact with a second person who has tested positive for the coronavirus.

His initial quarantine had been scheduled to end Thursday night.

“Unfortunately, last night I was informed I had a second interaction with an individual who yesterday tested positive for COVID-19,” Cruz said in a statement Friday morning.

He said that on March 3 he met for about 20 minutes with Santiago Abascal, head of Spain’s Vox Party. Cruz said they sat at a conference table and shook hands twice, in addition to having pictures taken.

“My understanding is that Mr. Abascal tested positive for COVID-19 last night. His staff have informed us that he was asymptomatic at the time of our meeting and that several days after our meeting he had extended interactions with another individual who has also tested positive,” Cruz said.

………

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #36327

ConservativeGranny #36345

Hey Ted…someone is trying to get your attention.

EVERYDAY #36347

At first I thought Ted was being prudent and showing class and leadership. Now I think this self-quarantine is a political stunt. Really tired of hearing about him and his self-sacrifice.

Well, now he has more time to shave that awful beard. I love his clean shaven look in that photo.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.