Ted Cruz: We owe our veterans a debt that we can never fully repay

Source: Ted Cruz's Facebook | November 11, 2016 | Ted Cruz

Since its founding, America has been a beacon of hope across the globe, demonstrating for all the blessings of liberty. On this Veterans Day, Heidi and I are proud to recognize the brave men and women who have raised their right hands and sworn to protect our American way of life. For their service and sacrifice, we owe our veterans a debt that we can never fully repay.

From battlefields in Europe and Asia to the front lines in Iraq and Afghanistan, the one constant through all the years is the courage of every American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine, and Coast Guardsman. They stand, unyielding, ready to protect our country, defend our freedom and our Constitution, and defeat our adversaries.

As a Texan, I am immensely proud of the contributions and the leading role that our state continues to play in guarding our national security. Home to 1.7 million veterans, the great State of Texas has a deep-seated appreciation for our brave service members. Today and every day, I encourage all Texans to reach out and say “thank you” to the men and women who have served our country. It is because of our veterans that America remains a shining city on a hill, and we must always uphold our commitment to care for those who have selflessly carried the torch of freedom for all of us.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.