Ted Cruz’s GOP convention speech summed up in one word

Source: Conservative Review | July 21, 2016 | Nate Madden

Freedom.

That’s what Texas Senator Ted Cruz’s message came down to during his speech Wednesday night at the Republican National Convention.

….

But rather than simply spend ten minutes onstage comparing the two New Yorkers, Cruz used his time onstage to offer an inspiriting vision America’s future. 

“America is more than just a land mass between two oceans,” said Cruz. “America is an idea, a simple yet powerful idea: freedom matters.”

“Not here. We have no king or queen. No dictator. We the People constrain government. Our nation is exceptional because it was built on the five most powerful words in the English language: I want to be free.”

As demonstrated by the following word clouds, the substance of Cruz’s Wednesday night speech stands out starkly from the overall convention addresses from the convention’s previous two nights.

Here’s a graphic of the most used words during the Senator’s speech:

freedom graphic

Now, compare that to Monday’s:

Monday speeches at the RNC graphic

And Tuesday’s:

Tuesday speeches at the RNC graphic

….

In all fairness, Cruz did take a few minor swipes at both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama throughout his remarks, a full transcript of which can be read here. But the rest of the speech stayed on message and talked about the overall importance of preserving an America based on limited government, self-rule and natural rights.

“We must make the most of our moment,” Cruz said in closing. “To fight for freedom, to protect our God-given rights, even of those with whom we don’t agree, so that when we are old and gray, and our work is done, and we give those we love one final kiss goodbye, we will be able to say, ‘Freedom matters, and I was part of something beautiful.’”

….

Ted Cruz made his about freedom.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #8415

ConservativeGranny #8422

If Ted Cruz’s remarks are now considered controversial we have a lot more problems than just Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.

slhancock1948 #8447

“This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

If Ted Cruz’s remarks are now considered controversial we have a lot more problems than just Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.”

May I ask what is wrong with this?

Are the thought police standing by?

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

ConservativeGranny #8448

Inappropriate? What the heck? Did I fall into a black hole and end up at FR?

Consistent #8456

Somebody clicked the “Report” by mistake, because It is next to “Reply.” No thought police here.

ConservativeGranny #8483

Whew!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.