Texas lawmaker says Trump must apologize to Cruz

Source: MySanAntonio | May 5, 2016 | Dylan Baddour

In an interview on Fox News Wednesday, U.S. Rep. Louie Gohmert of Texas said he will support Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump if he says sorry for smearing Sen. Ted Cruz.

His demand that Trump make amends reflects a broader conundrum in the Republican Party, which is struggling to put the last nine months of divisive campaign vitriol behind it and gather members to support the presumptive nominee.

“You had Donald Trump lie repeatedly and — heavens to Betsy — accusing the most honorable guy in the race of all kinds of dishonesty,” Gohmert, R-Tyler, told Fox host Stuart Varney, referring to Trump’s attacks on Cruz. “As a Christian, Stuart, if he apologizes, then yes, I will forgive him and come on board.”

Trump hasn’t proven himself inclined to apologize, and a redress to Cruz isn’t likely forthcoming.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • EVERYDAY #5821

Don’t hold your breath, Louie. LOL

CA Surveyor #5839

Trump lacks the character to be CIC; saying sorry won’t change that.

ConstitutionalConservative #5844

Trump is an narcissistic sociopath he can’t acknowledge he’s done something wrong and no one can convince him otherwise.

rodamala #5852

I have a better chance of seeing God, than Trump offering a sincere apology to the Cruz family. That being said, Louie Gohmert has essentially stated he is #NeverTrump. Good man, that Judge Gohmert.

I sometime wished I lived in TX-1. My Congresscriter here in PA-5 is a Republican turd.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.