This is Unacceptable in a Nation Like Ours (Firebombing GOP HQ in NC)

Source: The Resurgent | October 17, 2016 | Erick Erickson

The President of the United States should deploy federal resources to bring to justice the person who did this.

Hillsborough police said somebody threw a bottle of flammable liquid through the window of Orange County’s GOP headquarters, setting campaign signs, supplies and furniture ablaze before burning itself out.

A swastika and “Nazi Republicans get out of town or else” were spray painted on the side of an adjacent building. No damage estimates were available.

“The firebombing of a local political headquarters in Orange County is clearly an attack on our democracy,” McCrory said in a statement. “Violence has no place in our society – but especially in our elections. … I will use every resource as governor to assist local authorities in this investigation.”

In the United States of America, such violence in an election is unacceptable. Orange County, NC is heavily Democratic and not the friendliest place for Republican politics already. What is troubling is I have already seen Democrats accusing Trump supporters of setting the fire for sympathy and attention. Here is an email I got overnight:

That’s an awful feeble stunt Bannon and Trump cooked up-setting fire to their own seldom occupied campaign shack in NC then trying to pin it on the democrats!! That’s a good one there boy! Bannon’s saboteurs purposely used a low dose of flammable liquid. Just enough to smut up the joint for dramatic purposes. RemInds me of the Manson case wherein the murderers wrote political slogans On the wall in an attempt to pin it on black mIlitants trying to start a race war. And that’s what Bannon is trying to dO now.

Unacceptable. There is no more proof of Trump campaign involvement than there is of Hillary Clinton stealing the election. Democrats saying that Trump’s rhetoric is to blame for stuff like this are blaming the victim after spending a week attacking Trump for attacking the women coming forward to claim sexual assault.

….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.