Trump accuses Yovanovitch of refusing to hang his photo in embassy

Source: Politico | November 22, 2019 | Abbey Marshall

The president also said his staff instructed him to “be nice” to the now-ousted Ukrainian ambassador because she’s a woman.

President Donald Trump unleashed fresh attacks on Marie Yovanovitch Friday, accusing the ousted U.S. ambassador of not hanging a photo of himself in the Ukrainian embassy and saying she “was not an angel.”

“This ambassador that, you know, everybody says is so wonderful, she wouldn’t hang my picture in the embassy,” Trump said in a phone interview on “Fox & Friends,” without offering any evidence of his claim. “She is in charge of the embassy. She wouldn’t hang it. It took like a year and a half, two years to get the picture up.”

Although Trump alleged the ambassador lacked urgency in hanging up his picture, his official portrait was reportedly missing from thousands of government offices until the White House released portraits of the president nine months after he was sworn in.

…….

The State Department did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

“She said bad things about me,” he continued, defending Yovanovitch’s ouster. “She wouldn’t defend me. I have the right to change an ambassador.”

Trump doubled down on the attacks, decrying Yovanovitch as an “Obama person,” and saying his staff instructed him to “be nice” because she’s a woman.

“This was not an angel, this woman, okay?” he said. “There are a lot of things that she did that I didn’t like and we will talk about that at some time, but I just want to let you know, this was not a baby that we’re dealing with.”

Trump did not elaborate on what policy and decisions he did not agree with Yovanovitch on.

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.