Trump aide accused of bullying Delaware GOP for delegates

Source: Politico | April 23, 2016 | Kyle Cheney

The front-runner is likely to win the primary, but his campaign has little hope of influencing who the state sends to this summer’s convention.

When Donald Trump’s campaign dispatched Joe Uddo, a former Ben Carson aide, to Delaware last week, he had a mission: twist a few arms to get Trump supporters into the state’s delegation to the national convention.

Uddo may have twisted a bit too hard: State GOP insiders say Uddo ripped their long-standing process from his very first phone call and hinted he might refer it to Trump’s high-powered law firm, Jones Day. Then, he suggested that continued resistance could lead to a nasty Trump campaign tweet about “backroom deals in Delaware,” according to three sources familiar with Uddo’s interactions.

State party leaders say they have no plans for last-minute changes to a delegate-selection process the party has been using since 1996. But the sources say the spat created bitter feelings between Delaware GOP insiders and the Trump campaign.

“One of our delegates is just a little old lady,” said one of the sources. “This is not cigar chomping, tobacco spitting guys with three piece suits. These are just normal Delawareans, hardworking, retirees.”

Uddo and the Trump campaign declined requests for comment. Trump’s Delaware chairman, Rob Arlett, also did not respond to a message seeking comment.

….

But Delaware was never fertile ground for Trump to cut into Ted Cruz’s advantage in recruiting friendly delegates, despite Uddo’s protests. Long-standing Delaware GOP rules forbid presidential candidates from any role in picking convention delegates — a provision designed to spare the small party from bribes by deep-pocketed presidential candidates.

“Presidential candidates shall not nominate or propose any delegates or alternate delegates,” according to the rules.

Instead, it’s the state GOP leadership that selects a slate of 13 delegates, a process they undertook in February – when about a dozen candidates were still seeking the party’s nomination. Three others, the state party chairman Charlie Copeland and two members of the Republican National Committee, are automatic delegates to the convention as well.

…..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #5035

Victoria #5040

When Trump wants something, he will threaten legal action unless he gets what he wants and people will give him what he wants as they don’t have lawyers on standby and don’t have the money to fight Trump in court. To me, that is blackmail – “you do this or I will hurt you”.

Trump has always been friendly to organized crime bosses in New York city. It was a crime boss who owned the concrete company who built Trump Tower. There is not one single steel beam in Trump Tower, it is all concrete. At some time after the tower was built, Trump was called as a witness in a case against the crime boss. I have seen that film of him on the witness stand. He said he hardly knew this man and doubted he was into crime. The truth is he was with this man many times. Trump is a fake man who has no conscience, no caring about right and wrong.

When he was 8 years old, he physically attacked the music class teacher. He had no remorse about that, said he didn’t think the teacher knew much about music. Did you assault one of your teachers? Was your behavior so bad, your parents shipped you off to a military school at age 13 to try and change your behavior?

Is this who we want for president?

EVERYDAY #5048

“When he was 8 years old, he physically attacked the music class teacher. He had no remorse about that, said he didn’t think the teacher knew much about music. Did you assault one of your teachers? Was your behavior so bad, your parents shipped you off to a military school at age 13 to try and change your behavior?”

If I had done that, my parents would have given me a “lickin” as it was called back then. No, it wasn’t child abuse, but after a few whacks on the posterior, I wouldn’t have been able to sit down for a week. Every time I would try to sit, I would be reminded of what I had done and it would have reinforced the lesson that maybe it wasn’t a good idea to disrespect those in authority, including my parents. Didn’t need military school, counseling, time out or any of the wimpy measures many parents take nowadays. Back then punishing your child for bad behavior was called “discipline.” Today’s hot house flower parents believe it’s child abuse.

Children raised like Trump grow up believing there are no consequences for their actions. In his case, when things go bad, he can blame others, make threats, whine, stomp his feet, etc. etc. etc. and if those don’t work, he thinks he can buy his way out of any bad situation. To some degree he is like Obama except Obama allegedly didn’t have any money — others paid Obama’s way. In other respects, Trump is exactly like Obama. A spoiled, coddled brat. Why, after 8 years of a 2 year old in the White House, would we want a president with the same maturity.

ConstitutionalConservative #5049

Once again the Trump campaign is clueless of State Primary Rules, either that or they are taking Trumps lead… The Rules Be Damned!

It should be obvious by now to anyone paying attention Trump is a democrat wannabe in every aspect, he runs, he walks, talks and performs exactly like a democrat, there is not an honest bone in his body.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.