Trump Ally, Roger Stone Threatens Harassment of Trump-Dumping Delegates

Source: American Thinker | 4.6.2016 | Thomas Lifson

It’s thug time in Republican politics.  Nick Gass of Politico reports on plans to bully GOP delegates who switch support away from Donald Trump:

Longtime Donald Trump ally Roger Stone is threatening to make public the hotel room numbers of Republican National Convention delegates who switch from Trump to another candidate.

This is obviously in response to Ted Cruz’s effort to recruit delegates who will switch to him after they are released from their pledge to vote for others on the first and sometimes second ballot rounds.  Lacking a ground game and network of supporters, Trump’s side is resorting to hints of intimidation to prevent this.

“We’re going to have protests, demonstrations. We will disclose the hotels and the room numbers of those delegates who are directly involved in the steal,” Stone said Monday in a discussion with Stefan Molyneux on Freedomain Radio, as he alleged that Trump’s opponents planned to deny the democratic will of Republican primary voters.

“If you’re from Pennsylvania, we’ll tell you who the culprits are. We urge you to visit their hotel and find them. You have a right to discuss this, if you voted in the Pennsylvania primary, for example, and your votes are being disallowed,” Stone said.

Hotels generally refuse to release the room numbers of guests, so as to prevent harassment, sexual assaults, burglary, and other crimes.  Going back many years, when checking in, hotels will hand a printed room number to the guest rather than saying the room number aloud.  So privacy rights are pretty well established in policy, and possibly in law, for all I know, in the State of Ohio.

So how would Stone and his harassers get ahold of room numbers?  There is adequate time for delegations to formally make a policy of not publishing room numbers of their members.

ABC World News Tonight gleefully reported Stone’s threat last night, further damaging the Republican brand – a party in which delegates can be bullied.

Stone used to work for Trump but now says he doesn’t.  Oddly enough, he appears to be spending a lot of time promoting Trump’s candidacy.  I wonder who is paying him…

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/04/trump_ally_roger_stone_threatens_harassment_of_trumpdumping_delegates_in_cleveland.html#ixzz454gltOo8 
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Discussion
  • slhancock1948 #3930

I hope the police are paying a LOT of ATTENTION to this guy…where he is staying, whom he associates with, etc.

But, honestly, I’ve actually been praying that DT decides to drop out, or that God takes him out in some way. I don’t think Trump will stand being beaten, so I wonder if he’ll drop put before he is overtaken by Ted Cruz, so that he still could say he could’ve have beaten him. Anyone want to join me in this effort!

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.