Trump bashes London mayor as 'stone cold loser' ahead of UK state visit

Source: Politico | June 3, 2019 | Caitlin Oprysko

President Donald Trump on Monday returned to a public spat with London Mayor Sadiq Khan, blasting the mayor as a “stone cold loser” just moments before touching down in the United Kingdom, where he will be feted with a state dinner at Buckingham Palace.

“.@SadiqKhan, who by all accounts has done a terrible job as Mayor of London, has been foolishly ‘nasty’ to the visiting President of the United States, by far the most important ally of the United Kingdom. He is a stone cold loser who should focus on crime in London, not me,” Trump wrote in a tweet. In a follow-up, Trump height-shamed Khan, comparing the London mayor to his New York counterpart and 2020 presidential candidate Bill de Blasio, who he called “very dumb and incompetent.”

“In any event, I look forward to being a great friend to the United Kingdom, and am looking very much forward to my visit. Landing now!” Trump added.

………

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #29864

EVERYDAY #29871

Trump is an international embarrassment. So the London mayor said something “mean.” Does Trump have to respond to everything?

ConservativeGranny #29873

I’m sure he will be well received in the UK. Has he insulted the Queen yet?

EVERYDAY #29875

I don’t think the royals were all that thrilled with having to make nice to Trump. A friend who lives in Germany and who travels all over Europe, tells me that Trump is not very popular in Europe. Most Europeans, she says, regard him as an ignorant boor.

On the other hand, I’ve seen photos of Mrs. Trump at the state dinner. She, as always, looks fabulous.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.