Trump blames media for angling to 'convince' Repub. to silence him on Twitter

Source: Washington Examiner | July 1, 2017 | Daniel Chaitin

Trump blames media for angling to ‘convince’ Republicans and others to silence him on Twitter

To President Trump, his social media habits have been vindicated by the fact that he won the 2016 election, and is now accusing “fake news” of attempting to turn his party against his tweets.

He said as much on Saturday, following a wave of criticism over his controversial tweets about “Morning Joe” co-hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski.

“The FAKE & FRAUDULENT NEWS MEDIA is working hard to convince Republicans and others I should not use social media – but remember, I won…the 2016 election with interviews, speeches and social media. I had to beat #FakeNews, and did. We will continue to WIN!”, he said in a pair of tweets Saturday afternoon. He added later: “My use of social media is not Presidential — it’s MODERN DAY PRESIDENTIAL. Make America Great Again!”

Trump’s latest string of tweets has prompted another round of debate on his tweeting habits. Many journalists and politicians on both sides of the aisle say Trump has gone too far and should pare back the tweeting.

On Thursday the feud began when Trump called out the hosts, striking a nerve with many for claiming that he saw Brzezinski at the Mar-a-Lago around New Year’s Eve, and that she was “bleeding badly from a face-lift.” In response, Republican Sens. Lindsey Graham and Ben Sasse said this was “beneath” Trump’s office.

Meanwhile Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker argued that Trump should “tweet more,”but stay more on message to promote his administration’s policies.

…..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.