Trump blasts 'Never Trump' Republicans as 'human scum'

Source: The Hill | October 23, 2019 | Brett Samuels

President Trump on Wednesday excoriated so-called Never Trump Republicans as “human scum” as he seeks to solidify Republican support of him amid an ongoing impeachment inquiry.

He singled out his administration’s special envoy to Ukraine, William Taylor, who a day earlier sat for closed door testimony with those lawmakers the impeachment inquiry and delivered damaging testimony about the White House’s efforts to pressure Ukraine for political purposes.

“The Never Trumper Republicans, though on respirators with not many left, are in certain ways worse and more dangerous for our Country than the Do Nothing Democrats,” Trump tweeted. “Watch out for them, they are human scum!”

……..

“Never Trumper Republican John Bellinger, represents Never Trumper Diplomat Bill Taylor (who I don’t know), in testimony before Congress!” Trump tweeted about 45 minutes later, bemoaning the lack of transparency in the impeachment proceedings thus far.

“It would be really great if the people within the Trump Administration, all well-meaning and good (I hope!), could stop hiring Never Trumpers, who are worse than the Do Nothing Democrats,” Trump added. “Nothing good will ever come from them!”

……..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #32849

Consistent #32850

Consistent #32851

Consistent #32852

Consistent #32853

Consistent #32854

Consistent #32855

Consistent #32856

Consistent #32857

EVERYDAY #32860

Well, I guess we can add “human scum” to the long list of names we non-supporters of Trump have been called — right along with “traitors” and “enemies of the state,” to name two.

Had Trump done his job and kept his campaign promises, instead of traveling around the country campaigning, or creating constant reality tv drama in the White House, or insulting his so-called enemies on Twitter, or golfing, or schmoozing with this country’s enemies, perhaps some of us who didn’t vote for him in 2016 would have voted for him in 2020. But Trump made no effort to win over anyone outside of his fan base. And unfortunately, should he survive impeachment, he won’t have our votes next year. He can boast that he has enough votes to win from his loyal fans, but he really doesn’t. Those of us who don’t worship him as our god are not going to swallow the “lesser of two evils” argument. I don’t know what I’m going to do next year, but one thing is certain: I won’t be voting for Trump.

ConservativeGranny #32863

I’m not sure our Republic is going to survive this. When you have this kind of blatant law breaking and disregard for the rule of law and when the President’s lawyers and supporters believe that the POTUS can kill someone out in the open with impunity do we really have anything but chaos? I do not have confidence that the Senate GOP will vote to remove Trump.

If by the Grace of God the Republic still has a Constitution intact in 2020 I do not believe it will survive another 4 years of this. I have decided the lesser of two evils is to vote for a democrat for the first time in my life and I will never vote for another Republican for any office. Ever. I do not believe that this kind of corruption can be reformed.

EVERYDAY #32877

Granny, I thought about voting for Biden next year back when he was the frontrunner, but it looks like he’s losing ground and the radicals such as Warren are ahead. A lot could change by next year, of course, but I will not vote for the radicals.

There is also the possibility that even if Biden emerges as the Democrat nominee and wins, he could succumb to pressure from the radicals and become one of them as president.

I don’t know. I just might stay home or write in someone. Don’t really want to do either, but our choices are slim to none.

Consistent #32903

Consistent #32916

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.