Trump calls for action against 'tired' 'SNL' and 'fake news' NBC

Source: Washington Examiner | February 17, 2019 | Daniel Chaitin

President Trump ripped “Saturday Night Live” and its home network NBC after yet another episode cracked jokes at his expense.

“Nothing funny about tired Saturday Night Live on Fake News NBC! Question is, how do the Networks get away with these total Republican hit jobs without retribution? Likewise for many other shows? Very unfair and should be looked into. This is the real Collusion!” Trump tweeted.

This week’s episode saw the return of actor Alec Baldwin portraying Trump. The cold open made fun of Trump’s “fake” national emergency declaration to divert $8 billion to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

……..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #27919

Consistent #27920

ConservativeGranny #27923

Trump really is ignorant about the Constitution. The only free speech he wants to allow is speech that is flattering to him. When you are in the public eye it doesn’t work that way and I don’t suppose any amount of trying to explain it to him would get through to this ignoramus.

EVERYDAY #27924

Trump is der Fuehrer. Cannot criticize or make fun of the Fuehrer.

SNL is far from tired now. Actually, it was getting stale in the years before Trump became president. Trump’s stupidity and insanity have given the show plenty of material to work with. SNL is funny again.

This isn’t the first time Trump has suggested violating freedom of speech and freedom of the press and it probably won’t be the last. Trump may whine about the parodies and the “fake news,” but the reality is, if he tried to restrict the press or shows like SNL, a truly constitutional conservative judge would reverse his actions in a heartbeat. I believe Trump knows that, but he has to rail against someone or something from time to time because it keeps his fans entertained and engaged.

Why can he not be like President Bush (41) who actually enjoyed Dana Carvey’s impression of him and even invited Carvey to the White House? Well, I guess I know why. Trump doesn’t have a sense of humor about himself and not even one-tenth of the class the Bushes have.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by EVERYDAY.
    Consistent #27931

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.