Trump calls for reporter's firing after apology over photo

Source: The Hill | December 9, 2017 | Max Greenwood

President Trump on Saturday called on The Washington Post to fire one of its reporters after the journalist apologized for posting a misleading photo of a mostly empty arena taken ahead of a Trump rally in Florida.

“.@daveweigel of the Washington Post just admitted that his picture was a FAKE (fraud?) showing an almost empty arena last night for my speech in Pensacola when, in fact, he knew the arena was packed (as shown also on T.V.). FAKE NEWS, he should be fired,” Trump tweeted.

An hour earlier, Trump blasted the reporter, Dave Weigel, for posting the photo and demanded an apology. 

“@DaveWeigel @WashingtonPost put out a phony photo of an empty arena hours before I arrived @ the venue, w/ thousands of people outside, on their way in. Real photos now shown as I spoke,” Trump tweeted. “Packed house, many people unable to get in. Demand apology & retraction from FAKE NEWS WaPo!”

Weigel quickly responded to the president’s tweet, pointing out that he had deleted the photo from his Twitter account and offering an apology for the error

……

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.