Trump camp fundraises off Giuliani press conference

Source: The Hill | November 20, 2020 | Tal Axelrod

The Trump campaign sent out a fundraising email signed by the president Friday specifically citing Rudy Giuliani’s combative press conference during which he alleged widespread voter fraud impacted the 2020 presidential election.

“Did you watch my legal team’s press conference yesterday? They were SPECTACULAR. Rudy Giuliani is exactly right. I was WAY AHEAD of Joe Biden on Election Night, and yet, when we woke up the next morning, I was down. How is that possible?” the email read, appearing to cite similar claims of voter fraud.

The email comes after Giuliani held a widely criticized press conference in which he alleged that President Trump actually won the White House, adding that the president was a victim of a scheme by dozens of Democrats in several major cities in key battleground states as well as figures such as Hugo Chavez, the late Venezuelan strongman, and liberal philanthropist George Soros. No evidence has been presented to back up the campaign’s claims.

……..

Most of the money raised from the the email will not be allocated cover legal expenses. In the fine print of the fundraising page, 75 percent of the money goes to Trump’s leadership PAC, Save America. The rest of the funds will go to the Republican National Committee’s operating account, its political fund.

The PAC has been the primary recipient of most of the fundraising efforts instead of the campaign. The leadership PAC can fund staff and travel and be directed to donations to other political candidates.

The heads of such groups are also legally allowed to use the funds raised for personal expenses.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.