Trump claims Biden is 'against God' and will 'hurt the Bible'

Source: The Hill | August 6, 2020 | Brett Samuels

President Trump on Thursday claimed presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, a practicing Catholic, is “against God” as he levied a stream of attacks on his likely opponent in the November election.

Trump painted a grim picture of a Biden presidency during a rally-style speech to supporters on the tarmac of the Cleveland airport, claiming the former vice president would follow a radical agenda.

“Take away your guns, take away your Second Amendment. No religion, no anything,” Trump said, standing behind a podium with the presidential seal. “Hurt the Bible. Hurt God. He’s against God. He’s against guns. He’s against energy.”

Biden has spoken of his faith a number of times, crediting it with helping him through personal tragedies, such as the deaths of his wife and children, most recently his son Beau Biden. His campaign website outlines a plan for “Safeguarding America’s faith-based communities,” which includes promises to crack down on hate crimes and increase grants for religious communities.

But Trump has for months attempted to tie the former vice president to the far-left wing of the Democratic Party, attacking him as radical and out of touch with the evangelical voters who were critical to the president’s victory in 2016.

……..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #41749

EVERYDAY #41755

Well, I happen to think Trump is an emissary of Satan, so….

Biden is a devout Catholic. He’s not a saint — he supports abortion for example. But overall, I’d say he is a far better Christian than Trump will ever be.

ConservativeGranny #41758

Trump is projecting again. Sometimes I think he accuses others of what he is doing just to see how the public reacts to it. Since he has no real beliefs nor moral compass he needs to do that in order to project an image of himself that he knows his followers will accept.

Consistent #41762

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.